JGS NW: – Japanese Garden maintenance at Walkden Gardens, SALE, M33 3EL
January 29 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
|Recurring Event (See all)
An event every month that begins at 10:00 am on day Last of the month, repeating until 26 March 2022
Japanese Garden at Walkden Gardens – Maintenance Workshops
We are reintroducing the Maintenance Workshops on the last Saturday of every month (excepting December). However, Covid is a continuing threat and the number of people able to attend is 12, therefore:
1. Please contact the organiser (firstname.lastname@example.org) to express your interest
2. We expect any JGS volunteer on site to respect instructions given by the manager of the session with respect to the work to be carried out and any training required
3. The Friends of Walkden Gardens are the designated community group for working in the gardens, they will collect the names and signatures of attending volunteers (JGS included) and will distribute risk assessments for on site work for beginners
4. Feel free to wear a mask and please try to maintain the 1m social distancing requirement
5. Access paths to the main garden are taped off to the general public when volunteers are working.
These sessions are an important meeting point for members of the JGS North West Region. The Japanese garden was designed and built primarily by regional members in 2004. Working on site will give you a great opportunity to learn some of the skills required to keep a Japanese garden in good order; there is expert tuition in pruning and shaping trees and shrubs, gravel raking, stone- and timber-work and even humble weeding! If you are thinking of joining the JGS and you live in the area, why not come along to see what we do, perhaps plan your own garden, or learn how to keep it in great condition. If you are new member or a potential member please let us know that you are coming so that we can arrange for someone to meet you. Do join in!